I’ve put together a great program and panel called Blogging 101 for the next Silicon Valley Social Media Club meeting. It’s an ambitious overview that covers everything from consuming blogs to the future of blogs. The event is FREE and will be in North San Jose at the NBC11 studios.
Thursday, July 12, 2007
6:00 pm PT – 8:00 pm PT
2450 N. First Street
San Jose, 95131
The evening’s panelists to blogging from a variety of perspectives but enterprise experience is one thing they have in common. The panelists are:
- Tony Bove – author, journalist, publisher, blogger, musician, consultant, technophile, WordPress Guru, blogger
- Elisa Camahort – Blogher co-founder, author, marketing executive, consultant, vegan, blogger
- Jeremiah Owyang – PodTech web strategist, innovator, consultant, Ustreamer, blogger
- Lisa Padilla – BlogTalkRadio VP Marketing, podcaster, technophile, narrowcaster, blogger
Here’s the outline:
Where’s the value in the blogosphere?
- Another marcomm channel…
- What about PR…
- Touching customers and partners…
- Market intelligence…
Thinking about your Blog
- Engaging the conversation
- Finding relevant blogs and bloggers
- Feeds and aggregation
- Alerts and updates
Starting a blog is easy
- Tony will create something in WordPress
You have a blog, so what?
- The role of strategy
- Where are the relevant conversations happening?
- How to engage
- The communication channel mix
The future of enterprise blogs
- Blog as website paradigm
- Is it really a CMS?
- The multimedia blog (and new applications)
Hope you can make it. Be sure to RSVP at eventbright…we need to know how much pizza to order!